About the position
Playbuzz is the Disney-backed storytelling platform used by the world's premium publishers and brands to create the most engaging and interactive stories. With teamwork, engagement and an entrepreneurial spirit at the heart of everything we do, we put a strong emphasis on fostering a work environment which promotes creativity and innovation. Join us as we work with partners including the BBC, Sky, HuffPost, ESPN, Netflix and many more to reinvent storytelling worldwide!
Playbuzz is searching for an experienced personal contributor (with a view to later management responsibility) to build new commercial relationships with the world’s most important publishers and media owners. Based in London, this position offers a unique opportunity to go to market with innovative revenue and advertising solutions focused on Playbuzz core offering of driving deep user engagement.
- Reporting into MD Europe
- Directly cultivate relationships with large digital publishers and audience owners. Interactions will be based on calls, meetings, event participation.
- Work in close collaboration with the content, Product, Ad-Operations, delivery and AM teams to develop new publisher relationships and drive revenue
- Own a P&L in partnership with the team and roll out existing and new products to market
- Develop go-to-market strategy, budget, target lists, lead qualification process
- Define operating processes, goals and KPIs
- Collaborate with General Managers in other global offices
- Contribute to special projects and company strategic initiatives
- Ad-tech industry (most likely but not necessarily) experience of 5-7 years
- Deep black book with UK Publisher commercial teams and track record of delivering success with them - trusted voice
- Responsibility over millions of pounds in annual revenues at a 30%+ margin
- Proven track record signing advertising deals with digital publishers directly
- Deep network of digital publishers, direct connection to high trafficked entities
- Understanding of common ad-server implementations and advertising products
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, goal and target oriented executor
- Strong communication skills and familiarity with the media buying jargon
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills