About the position
Playbuzz is the Disney-backed storytelling platform used by the world's premium publishers and brands to create the most engaging and interactive stories. With teamwork, engagement and an entrepreneurial spirit at the heart of everything we do, we put a strong emphasis on fostering a work environment which promotes creativity and innovation. Join us as we work with partners including the BBC, Sky, HuffPost, ESPN, Netflix and many more to reinvent storytelling worldwide!
Following exponential growth and a further $35MM of funding, Playbuzz is looking for an exceptional Director of Client Success & Delivery to support its existing blue-chip clients and build and deliver new strategic Partnerships with both Publishers, agencies and brands. Based in London this position offers a unique opportunity for an experienced professional to lead and grow a team of Publisher & Advertising Relationship/campaign Managers, establish innovative client opportunities and fulfil campaign delivery needs to support revenue growth and expand market presence.
This role is a pivotal one in Playbuzz’s European business and is responsible for leading Playbuzz’s relationship with publishers, advertisers/agencies and for the delivery of Playbuzz’s campaigns. The right candidate will be an experienced leader with a deep understanding and operational experience in the digital advertising ecosystem, who is as comfortable leading from the front as getting his/her ‘hands dirty’.
Key internal interfaces are the Managing Director (Europe) and the Commercial Director and direct reports will include Client Services/Campaign Delivery, Publisher Account Management and technical delivery.
This role is critically important in growing and retaining revenue from strategic customer relationships. Relationships with director to C-Level at publishers will be critical as will operational rigor.
- Lead and work closely with the Managing Director, Commercial Director (and Sales team), Business Development, Publisher Relationship and Campaign Management teams to ensure Publisher/Advertiser campaign and commercial success.
- Coordinating the involvement of company personnel, including content, support, service, and management resources, in order to meet KPI performance objectives, client and partner expectations
- Take an active role in business development through management and expansion of client and partner relationships.
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned client/partner accounts, specifically at senior levels.
- Clearly define the roles of Publisher Relationship Managers, Campaign Managers and Advertiser Account Managers, set expectations and measurements.
- Inspire and motivate colleagues and team members, strengthen team skills and drive high performance. Create a strong pipeline of talent.
- Eliminate workload bottlenecks and enable prior resource planning to ensure that all projects (New Partnerships and Campaigns) are delivered on time and successfully. Working with global teams in order to meet these objectives.
- Develop, deploy and refine campaign delivery strategy, process & operations to identify and communicate and resolve issues, risks and dependencies, including financial modelling
- Manage and lead a team in the delivery of sold campaigns to publishers in line with revenue, margin and delivery strategy.
Accountabilities and performance measures:
- Achieves assigned growth, delivery and retention targets for the UK as defined by company management.
- Achieves strategic objectives and success as defined by company management.
- Achieve financial results as defined by company management.
- 10+ proven years of successful strategic digital Client Services, Delivery and/or Business Development experience
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, growth company environment
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at senior levels
- Natural leader and team player
- Fundamental understanding and interest in digital media and advertising.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong operational
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines