About the position
Playbuzz, a fast-paced, high growth, venture-backed start-up with 7 offices worldwide, is looking for a creative, ambitious, and experienced content editor for our owned and operated content sites, to join the Playbuzz Monetization team, reporting to Playbuzz’s Director of O&O. Based in TLV, this position offers a unique opportunity to lead the creative strategy for Playbuzz’s written and video content creation, managing writers and freelancers and being a part of defining our social media strategy.
- Lead Playbuzz’s content creation and content strategy for our Owned and operated sites (Playbuzz.com and others).
- Manage content writers, editors and creative freelancers to ensure they create content that is relatable to the relevant audience, has viral potential and makes great use of the Playbuzz formats and products.
- Lead our content creation strategy for Playbuzz’s social media channels, including written content and video content that users will care about and want to share with others.
- Provide monthly performance reports.
- Create and implement a strategy for Playbuzz content optimization to improve performance and reach goals.
- Lead daily/weekly brainstorming sessions with content creation and social team to bring fresh ideas and concepts that will excite our audience.
- Identify relevant trends in viral content and social video and respond to them quickly and creatively.
- Work closely with relevant teams (monetization, ad ops, media buy) in Tel Aviv on defining what additional content websites we want to open to reach our goals, then plan strategy, hiring and budget for the creative side of each.
- Be a leading member of Playbuzz’s global content operations.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, start-up environment, think quickly, strategically and creatively to meet short deadlines.
- Experience working with creative viral content.
- 4+ years experience in a leading creative role for a major digital publisher, managing creative and social strategy (written and video content) and managing writers/freelancers.
- Experience driving organic traffic through key social and other channels and understanding the different types of content that make an impact in each of these channels.
- Native level English (written and spoken).
- Passion and experience creating engaging digital content with proven results.
- Natural curiosity about viral trends and what makes people click and share certain content, and how to create such experiences. Typically being the first person to spot what everyone is talking about online.
- Ability to take ownership of projects and bring them to the finish line.
- Ability to lead in-house and/or remote authors and provide them with constant creative feedback.
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and verbal communication skills.