About the position
Playbuzz, a fast-paced, high growth, venture-backed start-up with 7 offices worldwide, is looking for a creative, ambitious, and experienced content manager, to join the Playbuzz team. Based in NYC, this position offers a unique opportunity to be a leading member in building the creative strategy for Playbuzz’s editorial publishers, working with some of the east coast’s leading storytellers on the creation of highly engaging content.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Being the main creative point of contact for Playbuzz’s leading editorial publishing partners. Inspiring writers and editors to understand how the Playbuzz platform can change their lives
- Helping publishers reach their quarterly or annual goals by creating content with the Playbuzz platform. Understanding their workflow, needs and problems in order to create a strategy for how they should be using Playbuzz to improve their content performance.
- Tracking daily creation of Playbuzz items by relevant publishers, looking at performance metrics, providing creative feedback.
- Creating editorial strategies for publishers around key events they cover, send them creative ideas as thought-starters, recommend items that they can embed or be inspired by.
- Creating training sessions to guide writers and editors on how to use the Playbuzz products to expand their storytelling capabilities and grow their audience engagement.
- Spend time at the publisher office, working directly with authors and editors, supporting their creation process.
- Be an active member of Playbuzz’s content operations, pitch ideas for great Playbuzz stories and create content with the Playbuzz formats on a weekly basis.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, start-up environment, think quickly, strategically and creatively to meet short deadlines.
- 4+ years experience in a leading creative role at a major online U.S publisher, TV channel, digital media agency or similar.
- Experience working with clients and creating presentations to convey creative ideas.
- Knowledge of the US publishing world and leading media companies, and what their pain points and needs are.
- Strong familiarity with leading social media channels and how to utilize them to promote content.
- Passion and experience creating engaging digital content with proven results.
- Ability to work independently and with remote offices, while taking ownership of projects and bringing them to the finish line.
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- A strong background in news and/or sports publishing – a plus.