About the position
When was the last time you really read an article (or a job description) from beginning to end?
Playbuzz is changing the way content is created and consumed, globally. In the past 5 years, we have been making magic with the world’s biggest publishers and brands (Huffpost, ESPN, Unilever, Major League Baseball, BBC, Netflix, and many more), who tell their most important stories with the Playbuzz storytelling platform. We are backed by great investors like Disney and Saban Ventures, and we have 6 offices worldwide.
Do you love to build, innovate and disrupt? If so, you better read this one.
As Legal Counsel you are a key business partner for supporting the company’s growth and development, providing stakeholders with effective advice on company’s strategies and initiatives. Help navigating the company’s business while mitigating potential risks and keeping the company’s best interests. Furthermore, directly involved in complex business transactions and in negotiating critical contracts.
Long story short, you will
- Review and negotiate significant commercial and licensing agreements with the company’s global customers, suppliers and vendors.
- Interact, work and provide legal services to the company's global departments on diverse legal issues.
- Define and manage an efficient deal process for all revenue streams.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters and on legal implications.
- Manage and work closely with external law firms in different territories;
- Provide legal support for corporate matters, including M&A, Due Diligence, etc.
- Provide legal advice to the HR department with respect to employment issues
And will be awesome if you have
- 5-7 years of experience as an in-house legal counsel in a technology company, preferably online
- platforms/online advertising;
- Business & product oriented;
- Knowledge of AdTech/Copyrights/Privacy & GDPR matters- an advantage;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- US / Israeli Bar License;
- Hard worker, well-organized, dynamic and pro-active personality, efficient team player, service oriented, can operate independently while multi-tasking;
English - Native/Full professional proficiency – MUST
Hebrew - Native/Full professional proficiency