About the position
Playbuzz, a fast-paced, high growth, venture-backed start-up with 7 offices worldwide, is looking for a creative, ambitious, and experienced Director of Strategic Marketing to join the Playbuzz storytelling team, reporting to Playbuzz’s Chief Storyteller. Based in NYC, this position offers a unique opportunity to lead the strategy and execution for Playbuzz’s marketing materials, competitive analysis, events and positioning within the U.S and beyond.
- Evangelize the Playbuzz brand- what is our story, who our audience is and how should we communicate with them across different channels.
- Be our eyes and ears to the market. Keep on top of everything that's happening in the relevant industries and provide in depth reports with insights and conclusions.
- Define Playbuzz’s value proposition and how we communicate it to our publishing and brand partners.
- Produce marketing collateral for general purposes as well as specific presentations for pitches, meetings, lectures, etc. Utilize internal and external design and production resources and ensure materials are coherent with the company’s narrative. Work closely with management, sales, business development and other internal clients to provide efficient marketing materials.
- Keep Playbuzz in the conversation by initiating and participating in meetups, events and conferences.
- Marketing leader with 5+ years of experience and proven impact working in technology, advertising, digital media, or related fields.
- Experience and expertise building brands across both B2B and B2C environments, including messaging, positioning, competitive analysis, consumer insights and creating killer collateral.
- Strong contacts within the U.S market, placing us in the most important events and connecting us to relevant decision-makers and influencers.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, task oriented, able to look at goals and define the action plan, expected results, and measure them.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, start-up environment, think quickly and creatively to meet short deadlines.
- Self starter, passionate, externally-oriented, independent but knows how to collaborate with a global team, strong sense of ownership and ability to bring projects to the finish line, always looking for new opportunities to grow.
- Excellent writing, speaking and presentations skills.