About the position
When was the last time you really read an article (or a job description) from beginning to end?
Playbuzz is a tech platform for engaging content experiences, changing the way content and advertising are created and consumed, globally. In the past 7 years, we have been making magic with the world’s biggest advertisers and publishers (CBS, Unilever, Netflix, Macy’s, Lego, Huffpost, ESPN, Major League Baseball and many more). Using our platform, they serve editorial and branded content that their audiences actually choose to consume - rather than avoid - and get unique audience insights for targeting and segmentation. We are backed by great investors like Disney and Saban Ventures, and we have 4 offices worldwide.
You will need to exhibit a self-driven, self-motivated mindset, working closely with R&D and QA to define and successfully execute cloud automation, a continuous deployment within an agile development environment.
Long story short, you will:
- Operate and manage our large-scale infrastructure in the cloud.
- Build cloud automation and internal tools.
- Monitor and support the 24/7 operation, build dashboards and reporting metrics.
- Continually perform analysis and capacity planning for our clusters.
- Troubleshoot, triage staging and address production issues.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotations.
It would be awesome if you have:
- 2+ years of experience in working in Linux and Windows environments.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon AWS.
- Hands-on experience in continuous integration and building tools along with version control systems such as Git.
- Hands-on experience in provisioning and configuration management tools (e.g Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Solid understanding of the CI/CD process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a great team player.
- hands-on experience in large scale distributed systems in production infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of SQL DB clusters, No-SQL, and Redis cache.
- Experience in setting up and managing monitoring tools.
- Experience in creating software/scripts to automate production systems with some of the followings: Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.
- Working experience in node.js based applications.
- Experienced in Big Data environment