As the manager of the monetization engineering team, you will constantly push the boundaries of how Playbuzz innovate and develop revenue generating products and solutions. As a leader in this exciting and fast-paced industry, you will use your deep understanding of scalability and parallelization to develop core back-end server technology that feed the monetization and intelligence as well as front-end solutions and integrations with market leading solutions.
Can you work in a dynamic environment and translate business needs into a high-quality product? Do you want to be a part of highly visible, select group of individuals that directly impact daily revenue? Join us and tackle complex challenges, build platforms, and deploy at massive scale! We are looking for self-starting engineers with experience developing sophisticated applications.
You will collaboratively drive technical projects and provide leadership for a group of engineers in an innovative and fast paced environment. You will work with our product managers, live operators, engine, and art teams to collaborate on the overall planning, execution, and success of our projects. This is a first line manager role with responsibility for managing 4-6 Engineers.
· Provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
· Collaborate on assigning areas of product ownership to engineers
· Assist in prioritization and resource allocation
· Maintain high morale and keep engineers engaged and motivated
· Daily performance management of all reporting staff
· Participate in architecture discussions and planning with other stakeholders to deliver software that meets customer and business needs
· Effectively evaluate and hire top talent
· Explore and implement new technologies benefiting both players and internal customers
· Work closely with executive producers,ad-ops, data scientists, data analysts, and designers to define technical solutions for revenue-impacting features
· 5+ years software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically projects
· 2+ years relevant experience managing large, fast-paced, and dynamic engineering teams
· Prior experience with the following standards and technologies: Node.js, C#, Angular, Redis, SQL, .NET, JS
· Strong technical skills in client/server development
· Ability to motivate people and instill ownership, reliability, teamwork, and commitment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, impeccable organizational and time management skills
· Experience in short release cycles
· Bachelor's Degree. BS in CS or EE preferred
Nice to Have:
· Experience in agile development methodologies such as Scrum
· Prior development or management experience with product development teams
· Prior experience in monetization groups/companies