About the position
Playbuzz is looking for a Big Data QA Engineer to support our rapidly growing Data team from a QA perspective.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience with writing integration tests across the whole data pipeline, from the web client to the BI layer, experience with big data technologies, and the ability to self direct and work proactively.
- Create test suites and execute as per project schedules. Report test progress, concerns, and results to QA Manager and project stakeholders.
- Document data needs for environments and scenarios for end-to-end integration testing.
- 2 years of practical Big Data experience
- 2 years of experience in two or more of these technologies: Hadoop / Kinesis / Spark / Presto / Vertica
- UNIX/Linux command skills
- Familiar with Big Data concepts and/or Distributed Computing
- Strong communication skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment, start up experience preferred.
- Experience testing cloud-based micro services
- Experience with Apache airflow or similar workflow management service