About the position
Playbuzz is looking for a Director of Brand Partnerships responsible for developing and growing content marketing solutions in the US market. This is a key hire based out of our New York City office and reports into the Head of Sales, North America.
The Director of Brand Partnerships is an accomplished digital, mobile, and social media sales executive, with a deep understanding of content marketing and native advertising solutions. He/she is entrepreneurial, smart, energetic, a problem-solver with strong communication skills and an extensive network of agency and direct client relationships. This role entails educating and securing strategic brand partnerships with East Cost agencies and brands about Playbuzz’s content marketing solutions.
- Partner with US advertisers and ad agencies to generate advertising revenues and contribute to the company’s global brand partnerships business
- Leverage existing relationships to maximize both short and long-term revenue opportunities
- Proactively communicate and strategically respond to marketplace demands by developing a steady pipeline of new business
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of competitive landscape and market trends
- Creatively package and position Playbuzz in a highly effective manner
- Meet and exceed revenue goals
- 5-8 years of successful online media sales and/or multi-platform solutions sales
- Strong contacts at brand marketers and East Coast ad agencies
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue goals and developing large scale strategic partnerships with Fortune 1000 brands
- Expertise selling premium-brand focused content marketing solutions
- Experience introducing new products/marketing concepts to marketers
- Highly collaborative; ability to work well internally with members of other key business units
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, high energy; roll up your sleeves mentality and a “get it done” approach
- Highly entrepreneurial, comfortable working in fast-paced environments.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to close new business
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability/willingness to travel frequently
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required, Master’s degree a plus